Don’t let your remodeling budget go over-board by hidden surprises – understand what the average installed costs for Sprinkler System is in your zip code by using our handy calculator.
As an experienced licensed home improvement contractor, I know first hand what it should cost for various levels — from Basic, Better, and of course the best. The Sprinkler System estimator will provide you with up to date pricing for your area.
Simply enter your zip code and the square footage, next click update and you will see a breakdown on what it should cost to have Sprinkler System installed onto your home
Example: a 10 x 10 area = 100 square feet.
|Sprinkler System Costs||Zip Code||Sq. ft.|
|Sprinkler System – Material Prices||$310.00 – $350.00||$430.00 – $540.00||$550.00 – $600.00|
|Sprinkler System – Installation Cost||$150.00 – $160.00||$170.00 – $180.00||$200.00 – $230.00|
|Sprinkler System – Total||$460.00 – $510.00||$600.00 – $720.00||$750.00 – $830.00|
|Sprinkler System – Total Average Cost per square foot||$0.48||$0.66||$0.79|
How Much Does It Cost to Install a Sprinkler System?
Most homeowners spend between $2,900 and $4,500 to have a sprinkler system installed, with the average cost being $3,700. To get a better understanding on how lawn care contractors price your irrigation system is they normally do it in square footage and per zones.
For example, if you lawn size to be irrigated was roughly 8,000 square ft. Using our sprinkler calculator above would cost you about: $2480.00 – $4800.00
Other Factors to consider:
- Number of zones
- Soil conditions
- Types of landscaping (flowers, bushes, etc)
- Terrain – is your lawn hilly
- Types of sprinkler heads ( spray, drip, mist)
Long-Term Water Savings
Like any home improvement, the cost to install a sprinkler system would seem pricey. However, having an irrigation system will evenly distribute water across your lawn. Furthermore, being able to set each zone on a timer, you will be able to conserve water effectively.
Sprinkler System – Pricing and Installation Cost Checklist
- Get at least 3-5 estimates before hiring a lawn irrigation contractor — estimates are typically free, unless it’s a service call for a repair.
- Expect the Sprinkler System prices to fluctuate between various companies – each and every company have different operation expenses and over-head.
- Try to get prices in late winter – you should expect aggressive pricing discounts by waiting for a contractor’s down season.
- Try to budget and additional 7-15% more on top of what our calculator gives out for Sprinkler System costs.
- Visit every supply house that sell your particular brand of Sprinkler System and try to negotiate a better price with each supplier – I save on average 20%.
- Remember, there are variables that this calculator can’t factor, like onsite ground conditions, etc. So keep that in mind and try to budget a little more, before starting your Sprinkler System project.
View other Lawn and Garden Costs:
- Lawn care & Sod
- Landscape Stone & Gravel
- Lawn Irrigation Systems & Edging
- ASLA – American Society of Landscape Architects. Get helpful landscape planning advice and costs. Added July 24, 2015
- Garden Design – Creative Landscaping ideas. Added June 21, 2022
- DIY Projects: Landscaping: How To Design Your Own Landscape Added April 16, 2022
524 people found this helpful. Was this guide helpful to you?