Jackpot City Blackjack
We will analyze the Blackjack options at Jackpot City to discover if it is worth registering at this online casino. We have not discussed it much in our Jackpot City review because we do not go into much detail there.
What we will analyze here applies also to all Jackpot City sister sites. They have live dealers from Evolution Gaming.
Blackjack From Evolution Gaming And Microgaming
Rich graphics and slick card play are hallmarks of JackpotCity’s video blackjack titles. They have popular Microgaming options, including Classic, European, Vegas Strip, Vegas Downtown, and Premier. A fun game to keep an eye out for is Real Dealer Studio’s Blackjack version which features celebrity footballer, actor, and tough guy Vinnie Jones. This dealer comes to life in your own home and showcases Vinnie’s street smarts and wisecracking ways.
The pace of video blackjack at online casinos is a further advantage. If you find yourself at a real table, there is pressure to play sooner rather than later. An online game gives you the time to think about your next move and decide what would be best. If you are the kind of player who enjoys the excitement of a live dealer, you will want to try Live Blackjack.
Streamed live from a casino studio, live blackjack plays out at a real gaming table run by a professional dealer.
How to Play Online Blackjack
JackpotCity online casino has 40 different blackjack games, also known as 21, and in all of these, you need to land 21 points without going any higher, before the dealer or other players do the same. But how do the points work? The cards containing the numbers 2 to 10 are worth the value in points that they display. An Ace is worth 1 or 11 points, while the Jack Queen and King are worth 10 points each.
Once the bets have been placed, the dealer gives you two cards that are face up and gives themselves two, one of which is face up. The points on your cards will determine your next move, and this also depends on the variation of blackjack you are playing. The general options are to hit, stand, double down or split. If you hit or double down, you will get another card. The difference in the latter is that you double your bet and you can’t hit again. If the game allows, you can split your cards if you hold two with the same value, creating the option of playing two hands. The dealer will give you one new card for each hand. If you choose to stick with the number of cards in your hand, you stand.
Your hand will be compared to the dealer’s hand, and if you have 21, you automatically win. You also win if the dealer’s total is over 21 or less than your total if your total is lower than 21. Here are some basic strategies for playing blackjack online:
- Hit when you have between 12 and 16 points
- Hit when the dealer’s face-up card is a 7, 8, 9, 10, J, Q, K, or A
- Stand when your score is between 12 and 16 and the dealer has a card between 2 and 6.
- Double down when you have 11 points and the dealer is between 2 and 10
- Double down or hit when you have an ace and a 6
- Split pairs of aces and pairs of 8s
Popular Blackjack Terms
When playing online blackjack, it’s always good to keep a few of the typical terms in mind. Here’s a brief overview.
- Hit: If you want another card, this can be done as many times as you want but remember, if you reach a value over 21 you will ‘bust’ and forfeit the game.
- Stand: This means you want to stop receiving cards, which will initiate the dealer’s turn.
- Push: Both you and the dealer end the round with equal values – so no-one wins, the game is forfeited, and your stake is given back to you.
- Blackjack: An instant win if your first two cards equal 21, granted the dealer doesn’t have the same. You could also potentially get over and above a regular hand’s payout.
Notably, players will also be able to make use of special moves that the dealer doesn’t have access to, such as:
- Insurance: When the game commences and the dealer’s visible card is an Ace, you the player can place an Insurance bet – meaning you are betting that the dealer will get Blackjack (21) and if you’re correct, this will generally pay out 2:1.
- Double: You can Double your bet before getting your last card, after which you will have to Stand.
- Split: If you receive two cards of the same kind, you can Split them and play two hands at once –possibly doubling your winnings.
JackpotCity’s Simple Sign-Up To Play Online Blackjack
JackpotCity has a simple registration process to get you started on Blackjack and if you are new to the site, there is an optional $1,600 bonus available in the form of matched deposits. Simply open the site, register your account, enter your details, select your preferred payment method, make a deposit, and start browsing for your favorite games.
The site is available from any browser, whether you are using a computer or mobile device.
They have also a casino app for iOS and Android if you prefer to game at the tap of a button. Enjoy their loyalty program which moves along in tiers and accumulates points as you progress, qualifying for certain promotions and offers.
Safety and Security In Jackpot City Casino
JackpotCity is an expert in its field and operates a trusted platform with SSL encryption technology, keeping your banking and personal details safe. As far as banking options are concerned, the service providers have been tried and tested and you have the choice of selecting the one that works for you.
The banking alternatives include Visa, Visa Electron, Mastercard, Interac, iDebit, Trustly, Skrill and Neteller. Should you not find what you are looking for, 24/7 support staff are on hand to assist you. They will respond on the live chat option or can be reached via email.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Does JackpotCity offer live blackjack?
Does JackpotCity Offer Live Blackjack? Yes, JackpotCity’s Live Casino features several types of blackjack games like Atlantic City Blackjack Gold, Big Five Blackjack, Vegas Single Deck Blackjack, American Blackjack and more. Live games are played against a real dealer in real-time.
How can I learn to play blackjack?
You can learn to play blackjack online at JackpotCity Casino. Practice in demo mode until you’re ready to play for real money.
Does online Blackjack pay?
Yes, online blackjack pays real money for winning bets if you have a registered account and have made a deposit.
Is mobile blackjack free to play?
You are able to play mobile blackjack in demo mode until you’re ready to play for real money at JackpotCity.