Don’t let your remodeling budget go over-board by hidden surprises – understand what the average installed costs for Epoxy Flooring is in your zip code by using our handy calculator. If you’re looking for the Cost of Epoxy Flooring materials and what installation cost might be, you’ve come to the right place.
As an experienced licensed home improvement contractor, I know first hand what it should cost for various levels — from Basic, Better, and of course the best. The Epoxy Flooring cost estimator will provide you with up to date pricing for your area. Simply enter your zip code and the square footage, next click update and you will see a breakdown on what it should cost to have Epoxy Flooring installed in your home.
|Epoxy Flooring costs||Zip Code||Sq. ft.|
|Epoxy Flooring – Material Prices||$250.00 – $355.00||$420.00 – $495.00||$510.00 – $565.00|
|Epoxy Flooring – Installation Cost||$125.00 – $135.00||$150.00 – $265.00||$270.00 – $390.00|
|Epoxy Flooring – Total||$375.00 – $490.00||$570.00 – $760.00||$780.00 – $955.00|
|Epoxy Flooring – Total Average Cost per square foot||$4.33||$6.65||$8.68|
Epoxy Flooring Cost Per Square Foot
Epoxy flooring costs between $4 to $9 per square ft, with installation. The bulk of the expense will come down to labor. However, there are a few things as a homeowner that you can do to reduce these costs and that comes down to floor prep. To save money, simply purchase a concrete floor solution that is designed for concrete to help remove: Grease, dirt, and anything that could be stuck to the surface would need to be removed. This should help save you $1 – $2 per square foot in savings.
Other factors that will increase the cost is the type of epoxy being used: Solid epoxy or a water based epoxy. Solid epoxy normally runs on the premium side of 2-3x more expensive than that of a water based material.
What’s the average cost to Epoxy garage floors?
A standard 2-car garage dimensions are 24′ x 24′. Taking these numbers would give us 576 square feet and would roughly cost between $2,500 – $5,500. Also take into consideration that these numbers can go up and down depending on surface conditions. If you have a lot of cracks or chips in your flooring, they would need to be filled. Any kind of contaminants like grease stains, etc. would need to be removed.
Epoxy Flooring – Pricing and Installation Cost Checklist
- Get at least 3-5 estimates before hiring a Epoxy Flooring contractor — estimates are typically free, unless it’s a service call for a repair.
- Expect the Epoxy Flooring prices to fluctuate between various companies – each and every company have different operation expenses and over-head.
- Try to get prices in late Fall, early winter – you should expect aggressive pricing discounts by waiting for a contractor’s down season.
- Try to budget and additional 7-15% more on top of what our calculator gives out – I.e; difficult configurations, patterns, etc. The additional complexity of your Walls and sub-flooring, trim work will add to the Epoxy Flooring costs.
- Visit every supply house that sell your particular brand of Epoxy Flooring and try to negotiate a better price with each supplier – I save on average 20%.
- Remember, there are multiple styled homes in the U.S – from: Contemporary, colonial, cape-cod style, ranch, bungalow, victorian, etc. So keep that in mind and try to budget a little more, before starting your Epoxy Flooring project.
View Other Flooring Costs and Options: From Vinyl, Hardwood, Laminate, and Carpet Styles
- Vinyl & Laminate
- Hardwood & Engineered
- Carpet & Tile
- The HUD PATH Rehab Guide Volume 5: Partitions, Ceilings, Floors, and Stairs U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Office of Policy Development and Research.
- American Society of Professional Estimators, — How to Estimate the Cost of Commonly Used Flooring Systems.
544 people found this helpful. Was this guide helpful to you?