Don’t let your remodeling budget go over-board by hidden surprises – understand what the average installed costs for Window Air Conditioner is in your zip code by using our handy calculator. If you’re looking for the Cost of Window Air Conditioner materials and what installation cost might be, you’ve come to the right place.
As an experienced licensed home improvement contractor, I know first hand what it should cost for various levels — from Basic, Better, and of course the best. The Window Air Conditioner estimator will provide you with up to date pricing for your area. Simply enter your zip code and the units needed, next click update and you will see a breakdown on what it should cost to have Window Air Conditioner installed in your home
|Window Air Conditioner Costs||Zip Code||Units|
|Window Air Conditioner – Material Prices||$85.00 – $150.00||$155.00 – $225.00||$250.00 – $500.00|
|Window Air Conditioner – Installation Cost||$150.25 – $175.35||$190.50 – $220.05||$250.00 – $390.00|
|Window Air Conditioner – Total||$235.25 – $325.35||$345.50 – $445.05||$500.00 – $890.00|
|Window Air Conditioner – Total Average Cost per Unit||$280.30||$395.27||$695.00|
- Cost can add up quickly, especially if you’re a novice and have never attempted a Window Air Conditioner installation before. I would strongly recommend you hire a licensed and Insured Window Air Conditioner HVAC contractor to perform the installation for you.
- Be sure to have a copy of the Window Air Conditioner Manufacturer’s recommended installation requirements before starting, to make sure your project doesn’t end up costing you more money in the long-run.
Window Air Conditioner – Pricing and Installation Cost Checklist
- Get at least 3-5 estimates before hiring a Window Air Conditioner HVAC contractor — estimates are typically free, unless it’s a service call for a repair.
- Expect the Window Air Conditioner prices to fluctuate between various HVAC companies – each and every company have different operation expenses and over-head.
- Try to get prices in late Fall, early winter – you should expect aggressive pricing discounts by waiting for a contractor’s down season.
- Try to budget and additional 7-15% more on top of what our calculator gives out – I.e; difficult configurations, Mechanical area space, the additional complexity of your home will add to the Window Air Conditioner costs.
- Visit every supply house that sell your particular brand of Window Air Conditioner and try to negotiate a better price with each supplier – I save on average 20%.
- Remember, there are multiple styled homes in the U.S – from: Contemporary, colonial, cape-cod style, ranch, bungalow, victorian, etc. So keep that in mind and try to budget a little more, before starting your Window Air Conditioner project.
View other Heating & Cooling Options: Gas, Oil, Propane, and electric systems
- Furnace & Boilers
- Cooling & Fan Systems
- Dehumidifiers & Air Cleaning
- Energy.gov – Department of Energy: Furnaces and Boilers. Added on July 20, 2015
- Hud Path homes – US Department of housing and urban development. Added April 16, 2022
138 people found this helpful. Was this guide helpful to you?