Don’t let your remodeling budget go over-board by hidden surprises – understand what the average installed costs for plank flooring is in your zip code by using our handy calculator. If you’re looking for a breakdown for cost of plank flooring materials and what installation cost might be, you’ve come to the right place.
As an experienced licensed home improvement contractor, I know first hand what it should cost for various levels — from Basic, Better, and of course the best. The plank flooring cost estimator will provide you with up to date pricing for your area. Simply enter your zip code and the square footage, next click update and you will see a breakdown on what it should cost to have plank flooring installed in your home.
|Plank Flooring costs||Zip Code||Sq. ft.|
|Plank Flooring – Material Prices||$390.00 – $420.00||$480.00 – $515.00||$585.00 – $675.00|
|Plank Flooring – Installation Cost||$105.00 – $110.00||$130.00 – $150.00||$165.00 – $175.00|
|Plank Flooring – Total||$495.00 – $530.00||$610.00 – $665.00||$750.00 – $850.00|
|Plank Flooring – Total Average Cost per square foot||$5.13||$6.38||$8.00|
How Much Does Plank Flooring Installation Cost on Average?
Plank flooring costs on average $6.50 per square foot for materials and installation. However, this doesn’t include, site preparation, underlayment fixes closets and pattern changes.
Plank Flooring – Pricing and Installation Cost Checklist
- Get at least 3-5 estimates before hiring a plank flooring contractor — estimates are typically free, unless it’s a service call for a repair.
- Expect the Plank Flooring prices to fluctuate between various companies – each and every company have different operation expenses and over-head.
- Try to get prices in late Fall, early winter – you should expect aggressive pricing discounts by waiting for a contractor’s down season.
- Try to budget and additional 7-15% more on top of what our calculator gives out – I.e; difficult configurations, patterns, etc. The additional complexity of your Walls and sub-flooring, trim work will add to the Plank Flooring costs.
- Visit every supply house that sell your particular brand of plank flooring and try to negotiate a better price with each supplier – I save on average 20%.
- Remember, there are multiple styled homes in the U.S – from: Contemporary, colonial, cape-cod style, ranch, bungalow, victorian, etc. So keep that in mind and try to budget a little more, before starting your Plank Flooring project.
- Cost can add up quickly, especially if you’re a novice and have never attempted a Plank Flooring installation before. I would strongly recommend you hire a licensed and Insured Plank Flooring contractor to perform the installation for you.
- Be sure to have a copy of the plank flooring Manufacturer’s recommended installation requirements before starting, to make sure your project doesn’t end up costing you more money in the long-run.
View Other Flooring Costs and Options: From Vinyl, Hardwood, Laminate, and Carpet Styles
- Vinyl & Laminate
- Hardwood & Engineered
- Carpet & Tile
The HUD PATH Rehab Guide Volume 5: Partitions, Ceilings, Floors, and Stairs U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Office of Policy Development and Research.
http://www.aspenational.org/, — How to Estimate the Cost of Commonly Used Flooring Systems.
103 people found this helpful. Was this guide helpful to you?