Don’t let your remodeling budget go over-board by hidden surprises – understand what the average installed costs for a large tree removal is near you by using easy to use calculator.
As an experienced licensed home improvement contractor, I know first hand what it should cost for various levels — from Basic, Better, and of course the best.
This tree removal estimator will provide you with up to date pricing for your area. Simply enter your zip code and the number of feet the tree is, click update and you will see a breakdown on what it should cost to have a large tree removed in your local area.
Understanding how this Tree Removal calculator works:
- Basic – This usually includes only cutting the tree down.
- Better – This usually includes taking the tree down with complete removal and haul away.
- Best – This will get you complete tree removal and Large tree stump removal, with haul-away.
|Large Tree Removal Cost Calculator
|Large Tree Removal – Material Prices||$30.00 – $35.00||$42.50 – $43.75||$45.00 – $48.75|
|Large Tree Removal Cost||$256.25 – $258.75||$262.50 – $268.75||$275.00 – $281.25|
|Large Tree Removal – Total||$286.25 – $293.75||$305.00 – $312.50||$320.00 – $330.00|
|Large Tree Removal – Total Average Cost per foot||$11.60||$12.35||$13.00|
How Much Does It Cost To Remove a Large Tree?
The average cost to remove a large tree is $750 to $1,200 for a size that’s between 30′ and 60′ tall. For trees larger than 60′ tall, expect to pay between $1,200 to $1,800. This covers boom-truck and bucket truck equipment costs. Tree stump removal costs on average $75 to $150 size dependent.
Tree Removal Cost Per Tree
|Small||Up to 30 feet||$250 to $400|
|Medium||Between 30 and 60 feet||$600 to $1200|
|Large||Between 60 and 80 feet||$1200 to $1,800|
Tree removal costs near me
If you’re looking for local tree removal prices, head over to our free estimates page and get up 4 local quotes absolutely free, by professional tree removal companies.
*Pro-tip: Depending on how many trees you wish to have removed, many tree arborist companies will do this job for free if you’re planning to have more than 20 trees removed and especially if they are oak trees. In some cases they will pay you.
Tree Removal Prices
Apart from using our tree removal cost calculator above, we have seen tree removal estimates in excess of $3,700. This is partly due to how the site conditions look: are the majority of the branches over tree lines? Over nearby homes? Is the tree to difficult to reach with boom trucks or other large tree removal equipment? Will you need a crane assisted tree removal?
These are some of the factors to consider when you compare estimates to friends or family that may have had these services.
Tree Removal Costs By Type:
- Oak Tree Removal: Given the size of most full-grown oak trees that can grow above 50’+ tall, you can expect the cost to remove an oak tree to run on average $850 to $1,300 each. This doesn’t include stump grinding or removal.
- Pine Tree Removal: These trees can reach a height of 150′ tall in some regions while the average height is between 50 and 100. The average cost to remove a large pine tree is $1,300 to $1,800 each.
- Palm Tree Removal: The average cost to remove a large palm tree can from $750 to $1,200 each.
Fallen Tree Removal Cost
The average dead or fallen tree removal costs between $150 to $500 and is highly dependent on the site conditions on which it lays, how many branches need to be trimmed and its diameter. Because there’s less risk or cause for concern, the costs are a fraction of what it would cost to cut down a standing tree.
Large Tree Removal – Pricing and removal Cost Checklist
- Get at least 3-5 estimates before hiring a Large Tree Removal Arborist contractor — estimates are typically free, unless it’s a service call for a tree repair.
- Expect the tree removal prices to fluctuate between various companies – each and every company have different operation expenses, equipment and over-head.
- The cheapest time of year for tree removal is in mid-winter, early spring – you should expect aggressive pricing discounts by waiting for a tree removal companies down season.
- Try to budget and additional 7-15% more on top of what our calculator gives out for Large Tree Removal costs.
- Remember, there are multiple styled homes in the U.S – from: Contemporary, colonial, cape-cod style, ranch, bungalow, Victorian, etc. So keep that in mind before you remove too many trees, you still might want to maintain a certain look and little bit of shade.
- This isn’t a DIY type project and cost can add up quickly, especially injury if you have never attempted a Large Tree Removal before. I would strongly recommend you hire a licensed and Insured Large Tree Removal Arborist contractor to perform the Pine Tree Removal for you.
- Be sure to have a Tree Removal service contract in writing before starting, to make sure your project doesn’t end up costing you more money in the long-run.
View Other Tree Removal Costs & Options:
- Large Tree Removal
- Small Tree Removal
- Trimming & Stump Removal
- Hud Homes and Development – Volume 9, The Rehab Guide
- Estimating Tree Removal Costs: for Residential and Light Commercial Properties
420 people found this helpful. Was this guide helpful to you?