Don’t let your remodeling budget go over-board by hidden surprises – understand what the average installed costs for Hardiplank Siding is in your zip code by using our handy calculator.
As an experienced licensed home improvement contractor, I know first hand what it should cost for various levels — from Basic, Better, and of course the best. This siding calculator will provide you with up to date pricing for your area. Simply enter your zip code and the square footage, next click update and you will see a breakdown on what it should cost to have Hardiplank Siding installed onto your home
|Hardiplank Siding Costs||Zip Code||Sq. ft.|
|Material Prices||$400.00 – $560.00||$590.00 – $630.00||$700.00 – $810.00|
|Installation Cost||$210.00 – $320.00||$300.00 – $430.00||$420.00 – $540.00|
|Total||$610.00 – $880.00||$890.00 – $1060.00||$1120.00 – $1350.00|
|Total Average Cost per square foot||$7.45||$9.75||$12.35|
- Cost can add up quickly, especially if you’re a novice and have never attempted a Hardiplank Siding installation before. I would strongly recommend you hire a licensed and Insured siding contractor to perform the installation for you.
- Be sure to have a copy of the Manufacturer’s recommended installation requirements before starting, to make sure your project doesn’t end up costing you more money in the long-run.
Hardiplank Siding – Pricing and Installation Cost Checklist
- Get at least 3-5 estimates before hiring a siding contractor — estimates are typically free, unless it’s a service call for a repair.
- Expect the prices to fluctuate between various companies – each and every company have different operation expenses and over-head.
- Try to get prices in late Fall, early winter – you should expect aggressive pricing discounts by waiting for a contractor’s down season.
- Try to budget and additional 7-15% more on top of what our calculator gives out – I.e; difficult configurations, patterns, the additional complexity of your home will add to the siding costs.
- Visit every supply house that sell Hardiplank Siding and try to negotiate a better price with each supplier – I save on average 20%.
- Be sure to follow the recommended installation practices to avoid any issues with the warranty
- Remember, there are multiple styled homes in the U.S – from: Contemporary, colonial, cape-cod style, ranch, bungalow, victorian, etc. So keep that in mind and try to budget a little more, before starting your Hardiplank Siding project.
- Tools for installation: Miter saw, cordless drill, table saw, mini-circular saw with a masonry blade, dust-mask, utility blade, chalkline and a level.
View other Siding options and Average Materials & Labor costs: Vinyl, Wood, Fiber cement, and Metal Siding
- Fiber Cement, Brick & Stone
- Wood & Shingles
- Vinyl & Metal
- Estimating Building Costs for the Residential and Light Commercial Construction – By Wayne J. DelPico Volume 2 2012
777 people found this helpful. Was this guide helpful to you?