Don’t let your remodeling budget go over-board by hidden surprises – understand what the average installed costs for Garage Door Opener is in your zip code by using our handy calculator. If you’re looking for 2019 breakdown for the Cost of Garage Door Opener materials and what installation cost might be, you’ve come to the right place.
As an experienced licensed home improvement contractor, I know first hand what it should cost for various levels — from Basic, Better, and of course the best. The Garage Door Opener estimator will provide you with up to date pricing for your area. Simply enter your zip code and the number of Garage Door Openers needed (Units), next click update and you will see a breakdown on what it should cost to have Garage Doors Opener installed in your home.
Standard Garage door size’s are: 9’ft. wide by 7’ft. Height. You might want to consider 10’ft. x 8’ft. for a single garage door entry.
|Garage Door Opener Costs||Zip Code||Unit|
|Garage Door Opener – Material Prices||$110.00 – $145.00||$257.00 – $275.00||$285.00 – $290.00|
|Garage Door Opener – Installation Cost||$50.00 – $85.50||$100.00 – $120.00||$150.00 – $1750.00|
|Garage Door Opener – Total||$160.00 – $230.50||$357.00 – $395.00||$435.00 – $2040.00|
|Garage Door Opener – Total Average Cost per Unit||$195.25||$376.00||$1237.50|
How much do Garage door Openers Cost on Average?
The average cost to install a garage door opener will run you $375 for a mid-range professional installation if electrical portion has already been installed. If garage door opener wiring is to be needed, expect to pay upwards of $1,200 for installation.
- Cost can add up quickly, especially if you’re a novice and have never attempted a Garage Door Opener installation before. I would strongly recommend you hire a licensed and Insured Garage Door contractor to perform the installation for you.
- Be sure to have a copy of the Garage Doors Opener Manufacturer’s recommended installation requirements before starting, to make sure your project doesn’t end up costing you more money in the long-run.
Garage Doors Opener – Pricing and Installation Cost Checklist
- Get at least 3-5 estimates before hiring a Garage Door Opener contractor — estimates are typically free, unless it’s a service call for a repair.
- Expect the Garage Door Opener prices to fluctuate between various companies – each and every company have different operation expenses and over-head.
- Try to get prices in late Fall, early winter – you should expect aggressive pricing discounts by waiting for a contractor’s down season.
- Try to budget and additional 7-15% more on top of what our calculator gives out – I.e; difficult configurations, patterns, the additional complexity of your home will add to the Garage Doors Opener costs.
- Visit every supply house that sell your particular brand of Garage Doors Opener and try to negotiate a better price with each supplier – I save on average 20%.
- Remember, there are multiple styled homes in the U.S – from: Contemporary, colonial, cape-cod style, ranch, bungalow, Victorian, etc. So keep that in mind and try to budget a little more, before starting your Garage Doors Opener project.
View other Garage door Options and Costs: Steel, Fiberglass, Insulated, Double and Single garage doors.
Garage Door Cost Guide – External References
- The HUD PATH Rehab Guide Volume 4: Windows and Doors Added: Sept. 2018
- How to Estimate the Cost of Doors, Windows and Hardware Added: Sept. 2018
- Unit Pricing Data: Home Depot Window and Door Added: Nov. 2019
- Unit Pricing Data: Lowes Windows and Doors Added: Nov. 2019
- Unit Pricing Data: Menards Door and Window Added: Nov. 2019
- Unit Pricing Data: Brosco Price Catalog – Windows, Doors and Millwork Added: Nov. 2019
95 people found this helpful. Was this guide helpful to you?