Don’t let your remodeling budget go over-board by hidden surprises – understand what the average installed costs for Fiberglass Insulation is in your zip code by using our handy calculator. If you’re looking for 2015 breakdown for Fiberglass Insulation materials and what installation cost might be, you’ve come to the right place.
As an experienced licensed home improvement contractor, I know first hand what it should cost for various levels — from Basic, Better, and of course the best. The Fiberglass Insulation cost estimator will provide you with up to date pricing for your area. Simply enter your zip code and the square footage, next click update and you will see a breakdown on what it should cost to have Fiberglass Insulation installed in your home
Example: a 10″ x 10′ area equal 100 square feet.
|Fiberglass Insulation Costs||Zip Code||Sq. ft.|
|Fiberglass Insulation – Material Prices||$40.00 – $45.00||$50.00 – $55.00||$60.00 – $75.00|
|Fiberglass Insulation – Installation Cost||$125.00 – $135.00||$175.00 – $200.00||$225.00 – $265.00|
|Fiberglass Insulation – Total||$165.00 – $180.00||$225.00 – $255.00||$285.00 – $340.00|
|Fiberglass Insulation – Total Average Cost per square foot||$1.73||$2.40||$3.13|
- Cost can add up quickly, especially if you’re a novice and have never attempted a Fiberglass Insulation installation before. I would strongly recommend you hire a licensed and Insured Fiberglass Insulation contractor to perform the installation for you.
- Be sure to have a copy of the Fiberglass Insulation Manufacturer’s recommended installation requirements before starting, to make sure your project doesn’t end up costing you more money in the long-run.
Fiberglass Insulation – Pricing and Installation Cost Checklist
- Get at least 3-5 estimates before hiring Fiberglass Insulation contractor — estimates are typically free, unless it’s a service call for a repair.
- Expect the price to fluctuate between various companies – each and every company have different operation expenses and over-head.
- Try to get prices in late Fall, early winter – you should expect aggressive pricing discounts by waiting for a contractor’s down season.
- Try to budget and additional 7-15% more on top of what our calculator gives out – I.e; difficult configurations, patterns, the additional complexity of your home will add to the costs.
- Visit every supply house that sell your particular brand of Fiberglass Insulation and try to negotiate a better price with each supplier – I save on average 20%.
- Remember, there are multiple styled homes in the U.S – from: Contemporary, colonial, cape-cod style, ranch, bungalow, victorian, etc. So keep that in mind and try to budget a little more, before starting your Fiberglass Insulation project.
View other Residential & Commercial Insulation costs and Types
- Spray Foam
- Fiberglass & Blown-in
- Ridgid Board & Tapered
- Energy.Gov — Department of Energy, types of insulation guide. Added on July 21, 2015
- Home Depot — Insulation types buying guide. Added on Aug 3, 2022
143 people found this helpful. Was this guide helpful to you?