Don’t let your remodeling budget go over-board by hidden surprises – understand what the average installed costs for Composite Decking is in your zip code by using our handy calculator. If you’re looking for the Cost of Composite Decking materials and what installation cost might be, you’ve come to the right place.
As an experienced licensed home improvement contractor, I know first hand what it should cost for various levels — from Basic, Better, and of course the best. The Composite Decking estimator will provide you with up to date pricing for your area. Simply enter your zip code and the square footage, next click update and you will see a breakdown on what it should cost to have Composite Decking installed onto your home.
Material cost is for decking boards only with installation. This does not include: frame, fasteners, railings, footings, etc.
|Composite Decking Costs||Zip Code||Sq. ft.|
|Composite Decking – Material Prices||$425.00 – $450.00||$575.00 – $695.00||$750.00 – $835.00|
|Composite Decking – Installation Cost||$475.00 – $525.00||$575.00 – $635.00||$675.00 – $725.00|
|Composite Decking – Total||$900.00 – $975.00||$1150.00 – $1330.00||$1425.00 – $1560.00|
|Composite Decking – Total Average Cost per square foot||$9.38||$12.40||$14.93|
Composite Decking Costs
- The average cost of composite decking is $4-$8 per square foot.
- Azek – the average cost per square foot is $7.82.
- Trex – the average cost is $6.78 per square foot.
- TimberTech – the average cost per square foot is $7.48.
- CertainTeed – cost $7.50 per square foot.
- Evergrain – $6.47 per square foot.
- Fiberon – $5.42 per square ft.
Composite Decking – Pricing and Installation Cost Checklist
- Get at least 3-5 estimates before hiring a Composite Decking contractor — estimates are typically free, unless it’s a service call for a repair.
- Expect the Composite Decking prices to fluctuate between various companies – each and every company have different operation expenses and over-head.
- Try to get prices in late Fall, early winter – you should expect aggressive pricing discounts by waiting for a contractor’s down season.
- Try to budget and additional 7-15% more on top of what our calculator gives out – I.e; difficult configurations, patterns, the additional complexity of your home will add to the Composite Decking costs.
- Visit every supply house that sell your particular brand of Composite Decking and try to negotiate a better price with each supplier – I save on average 20%.
- Remember, there are multiple styled homes in the U.S – from: Contemporary, colonial, cape-cod style, ranch, bungalow, victorian, etc. So keep that in mind and try to budget a little more, before starting your Composite Decking project.
View other Decking Options & Costs: Composite, Wood, PVC & Metal Decking Choices
- Hud Homes and Development – Volume 9, The Rehab Guide
- Estimating Building Costs: for Residential and Light Commercial Buildings
537 people found this helpful. Was this guide helpful to you?