Don’t let your remodeling budget go over-board by hidden surprises – understand what the average installed Cost of Clapboard Siding is in your zip code by using our handy calculator.
As an experienced licensed home improvement contractor, I know first hand what it should cost for various levels — from Basic, Better, and of course the best. The Cost of Clapboard Siding estimator will provide you with up to date pricing for your area. Simply enter your zip code and the square footage, next click update and you will see a breakdown on what it should cost to have Clapboard Siding installed onto your home.
|Cost of Clapboard Siding Costs||Zip Code||Sq. ft.|
|Cost of Clapboard Siding – Material Prices||$500.00 – $560.00||$640.00 – $730.00||$750.00 – $880.00|
|Cost of Clapboard Siding – Installation Cost||$210.00 – $320.00||$300.00 – $430.00||$420.00 – $540.00|
|Cost of Clapboard Siding – Total||$710.00 – $880.00||$940.00 – $1160.00||$1170.00 – $1420.00|
|Cost of Clapboard Siding – Total Average Cost per square foot||$7.95||$10.50||$12.95|
- Cost can add up quickly, especially if you’re a novice and have never attempted a Clapboard Siding installation before. I would strongly recommend you hire a licensed and Insured siding contractor to perform the installation for you.
- Be sure to have a copy of the Clapboard Siding Manufacturer’s recommended installation requirements before starting, to make sure your project doesn’t end up costing you more money in the long-run.
Cost of Clapboard Siding – Pricing and Installation Cost Checklist
- Get at least 3-5 estimates before hiring a Clapboard Siding contractor — estimates are typically free, unless it’s a service call for a repair.
- Expect the Cost of Clapboard Siding prices to fluctuate between various companies – each and every company have different operation expenses and over-head.
- Try to get prices in late Fall, early winter – you should expect aggressive pricing discounts by waiting for a contractor’s down season.
- Try to budget and additional 7-15% more on top of what our calculator gives out – I.e; difficult configurations, patterns, the additional complexity of your home will add to the Cost of Clapboard Siding.
- Visit every supply house that sell your particular brand of Clapboard Siding and try to negotiate a better price with each supplier – I save on average 20%.
- Remember, there are multiple styled homes in the U.S – from: Contemporary, colonial, cape-cod style, ranch, bungalow, victorian, etc. So keep that in mind and try to budget a little more, before starting your Clapboard Siding project.
View other Siding options and Average Materials & Labor costs: Vinyl, Wood, Fiber cement, and Metal Siding
- Fiber Cement, Brick & Stone
- Wood & Shingles
- Vinyl & Metal
- National Renovation & Repair Estimator – In-depth book on estimating using the national averages. Added on: July 9, 2015
- Hud Rehab Guide – Downloadable pdf guide with material costs and planners. Added on: July 9, 2015
- Vinyl siding resource — In-depth visual guides and cost factors on vinyl siding products. Added on April 16, 2022
157 people found this helpful. Was this guide helpful to you?