Don’t let your remodeling budget go over-board by hidden surprises – understand what the average installed costs for Concrete Driveway is in your zip code by using our handy calculator. If you’re looking for the Cost of Concrete Driveway materials and what installation cost might be, you’ve come to the right place.
As an experienced licensed home improvement contractor, I know first hand what it should cost for various levels — from Basic, Better, and of course the best. This Concrete Driveway estimator will provide you with up to date pricing for your area. Simply enter your zip code and the square footage, next click update and you will see a breakdown on what it should cost to have Concrete Driveway installed at your home
Example: a 10 x 10 area = 100 square feet.
|Concrete Driveway Costs||Zip Code||Sq. ft.|
|Concrete Driveway – Material Prices||$375.00 – $437.50||$462.50 – $525.00||$550.00 – $650.00|
|Concrete Driveway – Installation Cost||$1250.00 – $1275.00||$1500.00 – $1575.00||$2250.00 – $2900.00|
|Concrete Driveway – Total||$1625.00 – $1712.50||$1962.50 – $2100.00||$2800.00 – $3550.00|
|Concrete Driveway – Total Average Cost per square foot||$6.67||$8.13||$12.70|
How much does it cost to pave a concrete driveway?
The average cost for a standard two car-driveway measuring 16′ ft. x 40′ ft. that equals 640 sq. ft. with a a minimum of 1/8 inch per foot slope for drainage will cost you $3,840 – $4,480 or $6-7.00 per square ft.. This would be on the low-end.
However, costs can rise if you’d like to have stamped concrete edging, or if you’re looking to have curves and other decorative features installed.
Additional Cost Factors
- Your standard driveway is normally a minimum of 4 inches in thickness with a reinforced wire mesh. Which cost on average .30 – $.80 per square for materials and installation.
- Colored concrete will cost you an extra .75 – $1.25 per square added to a basic concrete mix.
- Existing driveway removal – This normally runs in the neighborhood of .50 – $1.50 per square foot. This involves the use of heavy equipment, such as: Jack hammers, Bobcats, etc.
- Sub-base preparation – this runs on average .60 – $1.25 per square foot and involves site-work prep: Grading, compacting the top-grade, 2″x4″ or 2″x6″ wood forms and installing wire-mesh.
- Concrete Mix – Concrete costs an average of $100 per cubic yard according to NRMCA
Concrete Driveways – Pricing and Installation Cost Checklist
- Expect the Concrete driveway prices to fluctuate between various companies – each and every company have different operation expenses and over-head.
- Try to get prices in late Fall, early winter – you should expect aggressive pricing discounts by waiting for a contractor’s down season.
- Try to budget and additional 7-15% more on top of what our calculator gives out for Concrete driveway costs.
- Installing Concrete driveway isn’t an easy task to perform and can leave you with a sore back. You might find it more cost effective to hire a landscaping or, mason company to perform the work for you. Landscaping or, mason companies will most always get better prices on Concrete driveway — saving your back and additional costs, so shop around, ask your neighbors if they can recommend someone.
View other Driveway material options and costs: Brick, Stone, Pavement, and Concrete
- Brick & Stone
- Hud Homes and Development – Volume 9, The Rehab Guide — added July 8, 2015
- Estimating Sidewalks & Walkway Costs: for Residential and Light Commercial Buildings — added July 8,2015
1565 people found this helpful. Was this guide helpful to you?